Happy first weekend of fall! Last week, I mentioned that D.C. was starting to feel a little more like fall, but this week we’re back to 90 degree days with plenty of humidity. It was a nice treat while it lasted! Still, as we head into a new season, I’m feeling inspired by anything that prompts me to rethink my day-to-day routine. As school picks up and the job hunt intensifies, it can be easy to get overwhelmed by a neverending to-do list. This week, I’m sharing a lot of content about motivating yourself, tracking your goals and having a little fun while you’re at it. What inspires you when you’re feeling like you’re getting off track?
- Glitter Guide rounded up all the best products from this year’s summer beauty scene
- This pretty J. Crew striped top appeared in our Find of the Day series, and Jess totally rocks the look with white jeans here (plus it’s majorly on sale!)
- Five ideas for going out on a friendship date this weekend
- Amanda’s post on how she figured out what to do with her life is so inspiring
- An exercise you can do to help you overcome a fear of failure
- Love my friend Maddie’s post on how to effectively set goals
- Have you ever found yourself falling into a ‘chill girl’ persona?
- Three delicious dinners to make if you’re cooking for one
- Six must-read novels from this year’s Man Booker Prize short list
- And a few more motivational books to help you get shit done because I’m still obsessed with this genre
- How to take a staycation in Old Town Alexandria (one of my favorite places just outside of D.C.)
And here’s what happened on the blog this week:
- A sparkling cocktail that’s perfect for transitioning from summer to fall
- Madewell is killing it right now (in other words, your wardrobe will be on fire, your wallet will not)